Saturday, September 5, 2026

Hopscotch

Cortazar's book has a different system than other books. You can read the first 56 chapters and then read a hopscotch method with the rest. I just read it straight through. I heard he said the other chapters after the 56 ones were optional but I doubt that. Otherwise he wouldn't have wrote them. I found the chapters past the 56 harder to follow. Maybe I should have read the method he talked about. I like his short stories a lot more. It's about an intellectual named Oliveira who hangs around a group called the Serpent Club. He has a lover La Maga and his life deteriorates when she's gone. Soon he's working at a circus and a mental asylum.I am interested in reading Cronopios and Famas and rereading his short stories. I don't know. It just wasn't my thing. It was just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment