I love reading. I read more than three hours a day. I hope to encourage someone to read the books I discuss. My favorite genres are classics, plays, children's books, and short stories.
Saturday, September 26, 2026
A girl of the limberlost
This was an old fashioned classic that I actually liked. It's about a poor girl who lives in the swamp. She doesn't have much money so she sells moths as a way to pay for her education. She meets an educated boy named Phillip and they fall in love. Unfortunately his past love Edith still has a hold on him and thinks that she can woo him back. I watched a movie loosely based on this called Romance of the Limberlost and this was way better. This was a sequel to Stratton-Porter's Freckles which I hadn't read but I managed all right. It isn't necessary to read that book beforehand although I will eventually get around to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment