I love reading. I read more than three hours a day. I hope to encourage someone to read the books I discuss. My favorite genres are classics, plays, children's books, and short stories.
Friday, October 9, 2026
In the garden of the North American martyrs
I was introduced to Tobias Wolff through the movie This Boy's Life which was based on his autobiography. In the garden of the North American Martyrs was a good short story collection. The story that really stuck out to me was "An Episode in the Life of Professor Brooke" about a judgmental professor who learns a lesson when he makes his own mistakes. I also liked "Maiden Voyage" about an old couple celebrating their marriage on a cruise ship but the voyage recalls old wounds. Tobias got even better with his other short story collection a decade later entitled The Night in Question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment