I love reading. I read more than three hours a day. I hope to encourage someone to read the books I discuss. My favorite genres are classics, plays, children's books, and short stories.
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Emperor of the Moon
This was an ok play from the 1600's about two men who use a doctor to try to gain his niece and daughters as spouses. They do this by pretending to be the emperor of the moon since the doctor is obsessed with space. I was hoping the ending would be more amusing. It was kind of a let down. I've read two other plays by Aphra Behn including The Rover and I liked them more. Aphra Behn was cool though because she was a woman who made her living by writing and that was unheard of at the time. I bought a collection of her plays years ago and I have one more to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment